We thought it would be fun to put out our 2012 resolutions. I’ll re-run this in December to see how well we did.
In order of receipt.
* Daily photography. I take so many pictures on outings, but then weeks will go by without snapping a single one. Taking the time to frame a scene demands that I slow down.
* Listen to more community radio programs. I’m a huge fan of Radio Boise, but I find myself listening to only a few shows. This next year I want to listen more and discover new music to love.
* Enjoy reading slowly. When I find a book I love, I get lost in the words and I read so slowly. I have this voice in the back of my head that tells me to pick up the pace. This year I plan to make that voice go away. I’m embracing the experience of slow reading. I plan to savor words without guilt.
* Write more poetry. I’ve always loved poetry, but I stopped writing it sometime in my early twenties. Last year I started writing it again. This year I plan to write more.
* Laugh every day. The best days are filled with laughter, but every day should have its share.
Spiritual Side: Continue to count my blessings. Darken the door of my church more often.
Physical Side: Use my exercise bike nearly every day. I got a Kindle Fire for an early Christmas present and I find that I can multi-task by checking facebook, email, or read a book while cycling. Makes the time go fast! I also want to reconsider my 2011’s snacks and find some that are acceptable and lower in calorie count.
Family: Visit my relatives more often than in the past.
Mental Side/Writing: Ask to blog on other authors’ blog site, more often than last year. Continue to write when I can, and not be too hard on myself if I don’t get enough words on the page. The time will be there eventually.
1.Take more time to communicate how much I care about the people around me.
2.Write more…a lot more. And don’t beat myself up if I skip a day or two.
3.Eat less, move more.
4.Read more. I love to read, but it’s the first thing that gets dumped when I’m busy.
5.Making the most of everyday.
1. Lose 20 pounds
2. Become published
(the first two have been in the works for a couple years. They will stay on my list until I have accomplished them 🙂
3. Get my index finger fully functioning
4. Take time to enjoy the journey more – both with my family and my writing
5. I’m leaving this one open – I may need it later in 2012.
1. Give myself permission to set aside goals and have fun once a day.
2. Embrace my muse again. Write, write and write some more.
3. Pamper myself.
4. Enjoy my kids now; they’ll be leaving the nest too soon.
5. Spend more time with friends.
1. Submit to a minimum of two agents per month until successfully securing representation.
2. Complete first draft of MATCHMAKER CHRONICLES by September 2012.
- Work on improving my health.
- Spend more time with my husband.
- Spend more time with my children.
- Spend more time with my friends and extended family.
- Spend more time taking joy from each and every day.
1. I only have one resolution: To do a better job balancing all aspects of my life on a daily basis.
Please share your resolutions with us. Have a Happy New Year!